Monday, April 6, 2015

Rocket Raccoon Covers

So here are the rest of the covers I painted for Rocket Raccoon. These were a total blast, and it's a real shame we didn't continue like this with the rest of the series. Oh well-- guess there were other plans. 

I'd also like to take this opportunity to wag my finger at Marvel for their crediting practice on cover art. Generally, they never mention the colorist. That sucks. So in this case, if you look at the credits page it says that the cover was done by Skottie Young. Ok, true enough, he did draw it. But this is what it looked like;
Now, I don't want to sound like I'm belittling his work (it's awesome), but I'm rather proud of what I did on these covers, and I'd like a bit of recognition, is all. For them to say that Young did the cover and leave it at that is kindda shitty. And that goes for all the other times where they fail to mention the colorist that worked on the cover (which is basically all the time). Shame, Marvel!

Anyway, let's get moving! The cover for issue 2 is by far my least favourite. I had a really hard time with the palette, and the piece didn't really speak to me. It was a struggle, but I managed. Sort of. The other two worked out nicely I think. Anyway, enjoy!

Issue 2

 Issue 3
 Issue 4

 P.S. I also have a Facebook account now, so feel free to follow me on there. Or whatever it is the kids do nowadays...

No comments:

Post a Comment