Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Avengers Undercover #2, 3, & 4

The depths of my procrastination are sometime astounding (though in my defense, I've been absolutely swamped with work these past months). I just realised that I only posted pages from the first issue, while I just finished colouring the very last one. That's a staggering 10 issue gap! I'm sorry for any fans of the series who were hoping to see pages as the issues were being released. Anyway, I'm going to try and fix that and catch up real quick-like! Lets start with some pages from issues 2, 3, and 4.

First up, some of my favourite pages from issue 2. I was still rusty on this one, trying to figure out a style for the book. Looking back, I can see how clunky it was. Artwork by series mainstay Kev Walker.










Now a few pages from issue 3. They had to bring in a different artist for this issue, since the release schedule for this book was just insane-- most artists understandably can't keep up with that pace. I was really lucky that the style I used on the book worked perfectly here (perhaps even better than with Kev's art), so I didn't have to do anything TOO differently. Awesome art by Timothy Green.









And we're back with Kev for issue 4. The brief change of artists on #3 allowed me to work out a few kinks in my technique, so I think this is where I really started to fell more comfortable with my colours on this series (about time, Beaulieu-- we're nearly halfway through the damn thing!).







No comments:

Post a Comment